Sunday, January 18, 2009

Week 2 - Social Media

'I can't live without the internet' that is just an understatement to how much I rely on it to get my life going. I check my mails daily and watch videos from Youtube and Veoh. I need the internet to do research for my projects ranging from articles to pictures to videos. And i get my daily dose of news from the internet too. it has replaced my traditional ways of reading from a book, newspapers or watching from television. And sometime i find it too tedious to go to every single website to check if they have updated any articles, so i use RSS ( Rich Site Summary ) to list down the latest updates without me going through every one of them.

I'm still pretty new to Podcast and the first time i heard it was from the Mr. Brown Show. It was the Prime Minister's speech and he turned it to a different phrase, 'Mai Hum'. haa haa... actually i find it troublesome to listen to Podcast. why do i have to go all the way to download their conversation just to listen to their views when i can hear these from the radio or from the news? Now i only listen to podcast once in a while for movie reviews like flimjunk and that's about it. ____________________________________________________________________

Here's a video about how the Internet has impacted the people during the 1990's. This news report was in 1993, but it is still relevant today as explains how it has connected people from all over the world together.


1 comment: